Teens|Grammar activating|El|9. Let’s cook
What’s for breakfast
Read what the people say and guess the dish they will have for breakfast
Kids try food
Watch the video and answer the questions
- What food do the children taste?
- Do the children like all the food?
- What do you think the food they are eating tastes?
- What tastes of food do you like?
- What tastes of food don’t you like?
Turn the cards over and practise saying the words
Correct the mistakes in the sentences
Describe the taste
Name the food and describe its taste
Example: These are strawberries. They’re sweet.
broccoli, milkshake, lime, peanut, chili, hot, cold, salty, sweet, sour, bitter
Read the rules and play the guessing game
- Think of some food.
- Describe what it looks like.
- Describe its taste.
- Say when/where people eat it.
- Say in what country it’s popular.
It’s a kind of fruit.
It is green or red.
It is round.
It is sweet and juicy. It can be sour.
It’s popular in the summer.
- It’s a kind of …
- People eat it with …
- It’s round/green/fresh.
- It’s tasty/bitter/sweet.
- People eat it in the winter.
- It’s popular on Birthdays/holidays/Christmas day.
- People eat it with salt/sugar.
What is she cooking?
Watch the video and put the instructions in order
Study the rule
When we give orders and instructions, we use the imperative.
When we speak to people, we can add please to be polite.
|base form of the verb||don’t + base form of the verb|
Add some milk.
Don’t add eggs.
Country style chicken
Look at the pictures and complete the instructions
Complete the recipe
Watch and talk
Watch the video and talk about the recipe
Example: For this recipe, you need a bagel, a banana …
|a bagel||to cut in half / in small pieces|
|a banana||to spread|
|chocolate spread||to add|
|peanut butter||to put in|
|marshmallows||to put on top|
Make your video recipe
Put the instructions in the correct order
What are they?
Put the words into the right categories
Complete the questions
Cooking your favourite dish
Example: Do you need any milk?
What I can do
The things you have learnt today:
- give instructions for cooking a dish;
- describe the taste of a dish;
- use countable and uncountable nouns correctly;
- follow the instructions to make a video recipe.
- chocolate spread
Put the words into the correct column | Поставь слова в правильную колонку
Complete the questions with much or many | Составь вопросы с much или many
Look at the pictures and correct the verbs | Посмотри на изображения и исправь глаголы
Watch the video and put the instructions in the correct order | Посмотри видео и составь инструкцию в правильном порядке
Prepare and record your 1-minute speech on the topic «Food» | Подготовь свою 1-минутную речь на тему «Еда»
Cover the points:
1. The food you have got in your fridge.
2. How much/how many of it you have got.
3. The food you haven’t got in your fridge.
4. The food you need to buy in the supermarket.
Allow your browser the access to the microphone, press the button «Click to record» and record the speech you have prepared | Разреши своему браузеру получить доступ к микрофону, нажми на кнопку «Click to record» и запиши речь, которую ты подготовил(-а)
- What's for breakfast
- Kids try food
- Tastes differ
- Describe the taste
- What is she cooking?
- Country style chicken
- Watch and talk
- Make your video recipe
- What are they?
- What I can do
- HW: How much, how many?
- HW: Cooking actions
- HW: Watch and order
- HW: There are some apples...
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|1. Welcome to school
- Teens|Grammar activation|El|2. This is my world
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|3. Lost and found
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|4. Family portraits
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|5. The place where you live
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|6. My dream room
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|7. It’s time for lunch!
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|8. Shopping for food
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|9. Let's cook
- Teens|Grammar activating|El| Revise and check 1
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|11. Different lives
- Teens|Grammar Activating|El|12. All the things we like
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|13. The chocolate factory
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|14. My favourite photos
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|15. A day without a mobile
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|16. Going back in time
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|17. Stars
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|18. School is cool
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|19. Ancient civilisations
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|20. Revise and check 2
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|21. Talent show
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|22. Safe cities
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|23. Life now and then
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|24. How to escape from housework
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|25. Similar or different?
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|26. The best in class
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|27. Around the world in 50 minutes
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|28. Revise and check 3