Teens|Grammar activating|El|6. My dream room
Watch the video and choose the correct sentences
Things in the room
Remember the names of the objects in the room. Turn the cards over to check your guesses
This is a wardrobe.
These are chairs.
Complete the sentences about your room
Look at the photos and make sentences about the children’s rooms
Read the sentences and match the description to the name
Read what parents say about the children and their rooms and choose if the sentences are True or False
|They are very friendly and like to play with each other. They like bright colours, there are a lot of colourful and funny things in their room.|
|She wears a lion’s costume and there are tons of stuffed toys in her room. She is crazy about animals and nature.|
|They are just like all the teenagers: there are posters of their favourite bands all over the walls. There is often a mess in the room, but we are not very strict parents. I think, we give them a lot of freedom and it’s important.|
|There is a small table and a set of chairs, which her father made for her. When she invites her friends, they have tea parties in her room.|
|He’s just a usual boy: likes cars and planes … There are lots of toys in his room, and there is a trumpet, which he plays.|
Find the words
Solve a crossword puzzle
Ask about their room
Put the words in the right order to make questions
The best room for…
Choose the rooms for the children
Sophie’s new room
Watch the video and answer the questions
- What differences are there in Sophie’s room?
- What colours are there in the room now?
- What things are there in the room?
- Is the room better than before? Why?
- What does Sophie think of her new room?
Write to a designer
Read the task and write your letter to a designer
You have an opportunity to win a room makeover!
Write to a designer about yourself and your dream room, and send your letter to us:
tell us about yourself;
describe the room that you live in now;
say why you want to change your room;
describe your dream room.
- My room is/isn’t …
- There is/are …
- There isn’t/aren’t …
- I’ve got …
- I’m crazy about …
- I play …
- In my free time, I like …
- I want to have … in my dream room.
- I need … for my studies/games/hobby.
Read the task
Make a short video presentation of your room:
- prepare the description of your room;
- prepare the description of your dream room;
- ask your parent or friend to film you making a presentation in your room;
- send your video to your teacher.
What I can do
The things you have learnt today
- use the construction there is/there are while speaking about rooms;
- describe different rooms and the people who live there;
- write about my dream room.
- a room makeover
Homework | Домашнее задание
Complete the sentences with the words from the box | Составь предложения со словами из вложения
Look at the picture and choose the correct option | Посмотри на изображение и выбери правильный вариант
Read the task. Prepare and record your 1-minute speech | Прочитай задание. Подготовь и запиши свою 1-минутную речь
- Choose a person you want to speak about:
- your best friend;
- your family member.
- Prepare your description of the person’s room.
- In your description, say:
- who is the person;
- what hobbies he/she has;
- what things there are in the room;
- what the walls and the furniture are;
- what unusual things there are in the room.
Allow your browser the access to the microphone, press the button «Record» and record the speech you have prepared | Разреши своему браузеру получить доступ к микрофону, нажми на кнопку «Запись» и запиши речь, которую ты подготовил(-а)
- Sophie’s room
- Things in the room
- The children
- Children’s room
- Ask about their room
- The best room for…
- Sophie’s new room
- Write to a designer
- What I can do
- Homework 1
- Homework 2
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|1. Welcome to school
- Teens|Grammar activation|El|2. This is my world
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|3. Lost and found
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|4. Family portraits
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|5. The place where you live
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|6. My dream room
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|7. It’s time for lunch!
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|8. Shopping for food
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|9. Let's cook
- Teens|Grammar activating|El| Revise and check 1
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|11. Different lives
- Teens|Grammar Activating|El|12. All the things we like
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|13. The chocolate factory
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|14. My favourite photos
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|15. A day without a mobile
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|16. Going back in time
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|17. Stars
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|18. School is cool
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|19. Ancient civilisations
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|20. Revise and check 2
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|21. Talent show
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|22. Safe cities
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|23. Life now and then
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|24. How to escape from housework
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|25. Similar or different?
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|26. The best in class
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|27. Around the world in 50 minutes
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|28. Revise and check 3