Teens|Grammar activating|El|28. Revise and check 3
Choose the correct word to complete the sentence
Complete the sentences with the positive or negative forms of must or have to.
Read the texts and complete the sentences with the correct forms of the adjectives
Read the text about the Manor Park School and choose if the sentences are True or False
A different way to learn
Manor Park School in California has a gym, ten classrooms, a library and a kitchen. However, there are no timetables, no homework and no exams. Teachers don’t give students marks for their work and they never give them tests. There are lessons, but the students don’t have to go to them. They can choose what they do and how they spend their time. If they don’t want to study, they can play video games, talk with friends or watch TV. They can cook a meal if they’re hungry, or bring food from home and eat it when they like.
If students want to do a project or learn something, they can ask for lessons. Anyone can go to these classes, from the youngest student, who is five, to the oldest students, who are eighteen. Often students teach the classes themselves. Thirteen-year-old Lewis taught a class on cosmology to a group of older students last week. He’s going to give more classes over the next few weeks.
Other subjects available at the moment are Chinese, nature study, maths, bike repair, film-making, art, music and photography. The head teacher says it’s not very important for the children to learn hard things like chemistry or physics. «They just forget it,» he says. «Instead, they have to learn how to learn. Then, when they’re interested in something, they can find out about it by themselves.»
Listen to the recording and complete the gaps with one word
Listen to Dillon asking about the school trip. Tick the things he has to do
Look at the table and compare the students. Prepare and record 8-10 sentences about them
🔹… is better / worse at history than …
🔹… is older / younger than …
🔹… is taller / shorter than …
🔹… is the oldest / youngest …
Allow your browser the access to the microphone, press the button «Record» and record the speech you have prepared
Think about your perfect school
Cover the points:
- a name for your school;
- the size of your school;
- what students can / can’t do;
- what students have to / don’t have to do;
- what the teachers are like;
- what subjects you study.
Write about the school of your dreams. Use the plan and some of the words below
Советы по написанию сочинения
- Прочитайте внимательно задание и/или вопросы.
- Составьте план того, о чем хотите написать.
- Напишите текст по составленному плану.
- Перечитайте текст перед отправкой на проверку.
- Здесь вы найдете правила написания и примеры работ.
- Воспользуйтесь программой Grammarly, которая поможет избежать опечаток и исправит некоторые грамматические ошибки.
1. have to
4. don’t have to
If you open the lesson plan you will be able to assign separate pages as homework or all the homework pages at once.
- Test your grammar
- Test your reading skills
- Test your listening skills
- Test your speaking skills
- Test your writing skills
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|1. Welcome to school
- Teens|Grammar activation|El|2. This is my world
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|3. Lost and found
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|4. Family portraits
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|5. The place where you live
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|6. My dream room
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|7. It’s time for lunch!
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|8. Shopping for food
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|9. Let's cook
- Teens|Grammar activating|El| Revise and check 1
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|11. Different lives
- Teens|Grammar Activating|El|12. All the things we like
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|13. The chocolate factory
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|14. My favourite photos
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|15. A day without a mobile
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|16. Going back in time
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|17. Stars
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|18. School is cool
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|19. Ancient civilisations
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|20. Revise and check 2
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|21. Talent show
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|22. Safe cities
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|23. Life now and then
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|24. How to escape from housework
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|25. Similar or different?
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|26. The best in class
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|27. Around the world in 50 minutes
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|28. Revise and check 3