Teens|Grammar Activating|El|12. All the things we like
Look at the photos and range the activities in the pictures from 1 — interesting to 6 — boring
Divide the words from the box into the correct categories
Complete the table with the examples of hobbies and sports
read books / surf the net / take photos / rollerblade / draw / listen to music / play computer games / skateboard / play volleyball / play ice hockey / do sport
Look at the photos and guess the actors’ hobbies
Listen to the dialogue and complete the table
Listen to the dialogue one more time and put the verbs into the correct forms
Put the sentences in the right place in the picture
Make affirmative, negative sentences or questions
Say how you feel about doing these activities. Add your own ideas
drinking tea / going to the cinema / eating vegetables / playing board games / listening to music / cleaning the house / talking on the phone / going for walks / painting pictures / singing
Example: I really like playing board games.
- really like
- … is OK.
- don’t like
- really hate
Listen to the dialogue and choose if the sentences are True or False
Listen to the dialogue one more time and match the question with the answer
Turn over the cards and make your dialogues using the patterns in the table
— Do you like shopping?
— Shopping is OK. Do you like reading?
— Yes, I love reading.
Watch the video and tick the correct sentence
The children are good at
c) doing magic tricks.
Look at the photos and complete the sentences
Look at the adverts and complete the information about the clubs
|Name of the club||Details|
Choose and recommend the clubs to your friends
The things you have learnt today
- talk about likes and dislikes;
- use -ing forms while talking about likes and dislikes;
- say what I am good or bad at;
- recommend an after-school club and a free time activity to a friend.
Match the words to make full expressions
Look at the pictures and unscramble the words
Listen to the dialogues and do the task
Read the article
We love cooking
Isabella Bliss and Georgia Bradford have the same hobby: they love cooking. The two teenagers are both winners of the TV show Junior Masterchef. Isabella is a winner of the show in Australia, and Georgia is a winner of the show in the UK.
Isabella is from Brisbane in Australia. She is always in the kitchen with her twin sister Sofia. Sofia also loves cooking and likes entering competitions. Isabella’s mother is Italian and her favourite food is Italian food. Isabella wants to open a restaurant with her sister in the future. They want to call the restaurant Is-Sofia. The twin sisters also have a cookbook. It’s called A Little Bit of This, a Little Bit of That.
Georgia is from Leigh-on-Sea in England. She loves being in the kitchen. She lives with her parents and her two sisters. She often cooks for her family at home. Georgia’s favourite food is fish. She wants to be a chef in the future. Her other hobby is horse-riding. Her dream is to have a family house with horses and a restaurant in Cornwall. Georgia also wants to cook Italian food in her restaurant.
Choose if the sentences are True or False
Complete the sentences with the given words in the correct form
cook / dance / fish / paint / read / sing
Choose the correct option
Look at the table and prepare to speak about the children’s likes and dislikes
Example: Anna loves eating ice-cream.
Allow your browser the access to the microphone, press the button «Click to record» and record the speech you have prepared
- Popular activities
- It's your free time!
- Famous people and their likes
- She loves dancing
- About likes and dislikes
- An interview about free time
- Make your dialogues
- Are you good at it?
- After-school clubs
- What I can do
- Are you keen on it?
- They love cooking
- Likes and dislikes
- What do they like?
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|1. Welcome to school
- Teens|Grammar activation|El|2. This is my world
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|3. Lost and found
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|4. Family portraits
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|5. The place where you live
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|6. My dream room
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|7. It’s time for lunch!
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|8. Shopping for food
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|9. Let's cook
- Teens|Grammar activating|El| Revise and check 1
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|11. Different lives
- Teens|Grammar Activating|El|12. All the things we like
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|13. The chocolate factory
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|14. My favourite photos
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|15. A day without a mobile
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|16. Going back in time
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|17. Stars
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|18. School is cool
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|19. Ancient civilisations
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|20. Revise and check 2
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|21. Talent show
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|22. Safe cities
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|23. Life now and then
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|24. How to escape from housework
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|25. Similar or different?
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|26. The best in class
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|27. Around the world in 50 minutes
- Teens|Grammar activating|El|28. Revise and check 3