Kids <8|Christmas time (Pre-Intermediate)
Holidays are coming
Solve the riddle
Watch the video and make your guess
Where is Santa?
Read the letter
Read the message and answer the questions
1. Where is Santa?
2. Why did he decide to go on vacation?
3. What kind of help do you think Santa needs?
4. What tasks will you need to complete to save Christmas?
Match the steps with the parts of the picture
Plan: Save Christmas
- Secret prize;
- Christmas symbols;
- Important preparations;
- Christmas spirit
Click on the hotspots with question mark and check yourself.
First of all, you need to learn all the Christmas symbols. Let’s check how well you know them!
Match the words with the definitions
Match the words with the pictures
Read the rules and play the game
1. Choose the word from the previous task.
2. Turn the wheel and get the way to talk about it.
3. Let the teacher guess this word.
4. Then change your roles.
Create a new Christmas symbol and draw it
Read the message, match the countries with Santa’s looks
Look at the photos and express your opinion
I prefer look № 1 / 2 / 3 / none because…
🔹in my opinion
🔹I’m sure that
🔹on the one hand
🔹on the other hand
Gifts for everyone
Read the message. Watch the video and choose the correct option
The guys are upset because they have got __________ presents.
Watch the video messages and tick the correct options
Roll the dice and play the game
Watch the first part of an advert and make your guesses
- What is going to happen next?
Watch the second part of the advert and answer the questions
1. How Mog saved Christmas?
2. Did the family celebrate the holiday after the accident?
3. Who shared Christmas with the family?
4. Do you agree with the statement: «Christmas is for sharing»? How do you understand it?
What I can do
Tick the things you have learnt today
Match the words with their definitions
Do the test and open the card to see your result
Match the parts of sentences
|Do you know all about Santa? Let’s check it!|
Read the story and mark the sentences as True or False
Santa Claus, also known as Saint Nicholas, Father Christmas, Kris Kringle, or simply «Santa», is a figure which was derived from the Dutch figure of Sinterklaas, a historical, legendary and mythological figure who in many Western cultures, is said to bring gifts to the homes of the good children during the late evening and overnight hours of Christmas Eve, December 24 or on his Feast Day, December 6 (Saint Nicholas Day). The legend is based on the tales concerning the historical figure of gift giver Saint Nicholas.
While Saint Nicholas was originally portrayed wearing bishop’s robes, today Santa Claus is generally depicted as a plump, jolly, white-bearded man wearing a red coat with a white collar and cuffs, white-cuffed red trousers, and a black leather belt and boots. This image became popular in the United States and Canada in the 19th century due to the significant influence of caricaturist and political cartoonist Thomas Nast. This image has been maintained and reinforced through songs, radio, television, and films. In the United Kingdom and Europe, he is often depicted in a manner identical to the American Santa Claus, but he is commonly called Father Christmas.
- Holidays are coming
- Where is Santa?
- Christmas symbols
- Santa’s game
- Fun preparations
- Gifts for everyone
- Christmas game
- Christmas advert
- What I can do
- Magic is around us
- Let's do the test!
- All about Santa
- Demo | Junior lessons|Hogwarts mystery|Pre-Intermediate
- Kids <8|Christmas time (Pre-Intermediate)
- Kids <8|Harry Potter Year 1 (Elementary)
- Kids <8|Lesson|How the Grinch Stole Christmas (Elementary)
- KIDS <8|STARTER|DOC MCSTUFFINS|LESSON 1
- Kids <8|Special Birthday (Primary)
- Kids <8|Welcome to Santa! (Elementary)
- Kids <8|No more stress! (Beginner)
- Welcome| Junior lessons | 1. What music says about me (Intermediate&Upper-Intermediate)
- Welcome| Junior lessons | 2. My ideal menu (Pre-Intermediate)
- Welcome| Junior lessons | 3. Let's make a cartoon (Pre-Intermediate)
- Welcome| Junior lessons | 4. Young inventors (Pre-Intermediate)
- Adult|Welcome|Hotel problems|Pre-Intermediate
- Adult|Welcome|North Korean resort|Pre-Intermediate
- Adult|Welcome|SpaceX rocket launch|Pre-Intermediate
- Aloha Lessons|Rescue Jack Sparrow!|Pre-Intermediate
- Adult|Welcome|Start-up success stories|Intermediate
- Adult|Welcome|Small talk|Intermediate
- Adult|Welcome|Banksy shakes up the art world|Intermediate
- Adult|Welcome|Procrastination advice from Japan|Intermediate
- Aloha Lessons|Stephen Hawking|Upper-Intermediate
- Adult|Welcome|Avengers: Endgame|Upper-Intermediate
- Adult|Welcome|Who wants to be a millionaire: Slang|Upper-Intermediate
- Adult|Welcome|Procrastination advice from Japan|Advanced
- Adult|Welcome|SpaceX rocket launch|Advanced