GE| B| Junior 10-17 | 12. English around the world
How are things at school?
What countries are they?
Listen and answer the questions
1. What are the children’s names?
2. How old are they?
3. Where are they from?
English is very important
Read the text and complete the table
|Hello. I’m Michael. I’m thirteen and I’m from Dublin. Dublin is in the Republic of Ireland. It’s a small country but it’s very beautiful. The main language is English, but the Gaelic language is important here too. English and Gaelic are our official languages.|
|My name’s Tara and I’m from Wellington in New Zealand. Wellington is the capital of New Zealand. New Zealand is a great country. English and Maori are official languages in my country, but English is the main language.|
|Hi! My name’s Patty and I’m eleven years old. I’m from Toronto in Canada. Canada is a big country. The official languages in my country are English and French. My school is an English-speaking school, and our lessons are in English.|
|Michael||the Republic of Ireland|
My new e-pals
Listen and match the people with the countries
Write the names of the countries and nationalities
What are they?
Write the names of the objects with the correct articles a or an
Are they American?
Complete the dialogue
A — Anna | M — Megan
They are Spanish
Choose the correct words
They are footballers
Make questions and answer them
Listen and complete
Now you can:
1. ask and say where people are from;
2. ask and answer questions about everyday objects;
3. talk about music.
It’s our birthday! / Это — наше День Рождения!
Read and choose the correct words / Прочитай и выбери правильные слова
B — Beth | S — Sally
B: We’re twelve years old today! It’s our birthday!
S: My presents are a bag and two CDs (Pixie Lott and Coldplay).
B: And my presents are an MP3 player and two Harry Potter books!
S: Our party’s at five o’clock. Our friends at the party are Cristina and Jorge (they’re from Argentina), Anna and Petros (they’re Greek), and Tim and Tara (they’re British). Our birthday cake is our favourite ice cream with strawberries. Yum!
We’re Italian / Мы — итальянцы
Complete the sentences / Составь предложения
Кликни по 🔗ссылке, переходи в приложение 📱Quizlet и учи/повторяй слова из урока.
- School marks
- English-Speaking countries
- English is very important
- My new e-pals
- What are they?
- Are they American?
- They are Spanish
- They are footballers
- Let’s sing!
- What I can do
- It’s our birthday!
- We’re Italian
- App: Quizlet
- Demo | Test for 5-6 classes
- Demo | Fun test (7-8 classes)
- Demo | Fun test (9-11 classes)
- GE | B| Junior 10-17| 1. I am Amy. I am 11.
- GE | B| Junior 10-17| 2. Who is he? What time is it?
- GE | B | Junior 10-17 | 3. Is she your aunt?
- GE | B | Junior 10-17| 4. School clubs
- GE| B| Junior 10-17| 5. It is a big British family
- GE | B| Junior 10-17| 6. PE. Application process
- GE | B| JUNIOR 10-17| 7. Revision 1
- GE| B | Junior 10-17| 8. A mysterious island (short)
- GE| B | Junior 10-17| 9. We're Spanish
- GE| B| Junior 10-17 |10. What are these?
- GE| B | Junior 10-17 | 11. He is a great Spanish singer
- GE| B| Junior 10-17 | 12. English around the world
- GE | B | Junior 10-17 |13. Travel to India