GE|Adults|Pre-Intermediate|Practical English 1: Check into the hotel
1.1 Look at the photo. Can you describe these people?
1.2 Listen and answer the questions about Matthew.
1. What does Matthew do?
2. Where did he go a year ago?
3. Who’s Jane Lambert?
4. What did Matthew and William have together?
5. What does he think of Jane Lambert?
6. Why is Jane so excited?
1.1 Listen to the dialogue. Who does Alex call? Why?
1.2 Listen again. Complete the phrases.
! Interesting fact
I’ll = I will
We use I’ll + verb to offer to do sth
1.3 Read and complete the dialogue.
Booking a hotel room
«I’d like to book a room»
splendid — великолепный
confirmation number — номер подтверждения
1.4 Click on true or false for each sentence about the dialogue above.
1.1 The language used when staying in a hotel is quite simple, but very specific. Read the dialogues below. Remember specific phrases and vocabulary in italics.
Reception: Good morning, sir/madam. Can I help you?
Guest: I would like to check-in please.
Reception: Certainly sir/madam. Do you have a reservation?
Guest: Yes. My name is ………….
Reception: Ah yes. Mr./Mrs./Ms. …………. . Can I have your credit card please?
Guest: Sure. Is Visa card okay?
Reception: Yes, that’s fine thank you. How long will you be staying?
Guest: Three nights. Here is my credit card.
Reception: Thank you. You are in room 2508. Please sign here. Here is your key. The bell-boy will help you with your luggage and show you to your room.
Guest: Thank you. Oh, by the way, what time is breakfast?
Reception: Breakfast is from 7 to 9 in the restaurant on the 3rd floor.
Guest: Thank you, and what time is check-out?
Reception: Check-out is at 10 am.
Guest: Thank you.
Reception: Have a pleasant stay sir/madam.
sir/madam — сэр/мадам
Can I help you? — Я могу Вам помочь?
check-in — регистрироваться
have a reservation — бронировать
credit card — кредитная карта
Visa card — карта Visa
How long will you be staying? — Как долго планируете пробыть/остаться?
sign here — подпишите здесь
key — ключ
bell-boy — посыльный/коридорный
luggage — багаж
What time is breakfast? — Во сколько завтрак?
What time is check-out? — Во сколько выезд?
Have a pleasant stay. — Желаем приятного отдыха/пребывания.
Reception: Good morning sir/madam. How can I help you?
Guest: I want to check-out, please.
Reception: Certainly sir/madam. Room number?
Guest: Room number 2508. Here is the key.
Reception: Thank you. Just a minute please…You had some drinks and snacks from the mini-bar. That comes to $35 please. How would you like to pay?
Guest: Cash, please. Here’s $35.
Reception: That’s fine thank you and here is your receipt.
Guest: Thanks. Can I have a taxi for the airport, please?
Reception: Certainly sir/madam. The doorman will order one now.
Guest: Thanks. Bye.
Reception: Please come back and stay again. Have a safe journey.
I want to check-out, please. — Я хочу выехать из отеля.
Room number? — Какой номер комнаты?
Here is the key. — Вот ключ.
mini-bar — мини-бар
That comes to… — К оплате…(букв. — это доходит до…)
How would you like to pay? — Как/Каким способом Вы хотели бы оплатить?
Cash, please. — Наличными, пожалуйста.
Here is your receipt. — Вот Ваш чек.
Can I have a taxi for the airport, please? — Я могу взять такси до аэропорта, пожалуйста?
doorman — швейцар
to order — заказывать
Have a safe journey. — Счастливой дороги/Безопасного путешествия.
1.2 Try to learn some hotel facilities for guests and some hotel staff. Use flashcards.
facilities — |fəˈsɪlɪtɪz| — оборудование, удобства
staff — |stɑːf| — персонал
1.3 Check yourself. Write in each flashcard the correct word from the previous task.
Meeting a colleague
1.1 Listen to the dialogue and mark the sentences T (true) or F (false). Say why the F sentences are false.
Kate and Alex
1.2 Look at the phrases. Can you remember any of the missing words?
1.3 Listen and check yourself.
Finally, you are in New Orleans
2.1 Listen again and repeat the phrases. How do you say them in your language?
! CAN YOU…?
- Offer to do something?
- Tell somebody about a problem (in a hotel etc.)
- Greet a friend who you haven’t seen for a long time.
1.1 Complete the conversation with a phrase from the box.
air conditioning — система кондиционирования воздуха
to bother — беспокоить
put you through to it…-подключу Вас (к нему)…
1.2 Answer the Receptionist’s questions, complete and write the dialogue below (R — Receptionist, You — Guest).
Receptionist’s lines (use them in the dialogue):
— Good morning. Can I help you?
— Yes, you have reserved a single room for three nights, is that correct?
— What floor do you prefer?
— Fill in the registration form, please.
— Sign in here, please.
— Will you pay by cash or credit card?
— Your room number is 1107. Here is your key.
— Would you like to help with your luggage?
- Calling reception
- Meeting a colleague
- 1. GE|Adults|Pre-Intermediate|1. Where are you from?
- 2. GE|Adults|Pre-Intermediate|2. Describing people
- 3. GE|Adults| Pre-Intermediate|3. Things you wear. Prepositions of place. Clothes
- 4. GE|Adults|Pre-Intermediate|4. How did you spend your holidays?
- 5. GE|Adults|Pre-Intermediate|5. Historical events
- 6. GE|Adults|Pre-Intermediate|6. How to tell a good story?
- 7. GE|Adults|Pre-Intermediate|7. What are you going to do?
- 8. GE|Adults|Pre-Intermediate|8. Old friends
- 9. GE|Adults|Pre-Intermediate|9. Can you explain it in English? Words-helpers
- 10. GE|Adults|Pre-Intermediate|10. Annoying habits
- 11. GE|Adults|Pre-Intermediate|11. Going shopping
- 12. GE|Adults|Pre-Intermediate|12. Good weekend vs bad weekend. At the weekend
- 13. GE|Adults|Pre-Intermediate|13. Life in metropolises
- 14. GE|Adults|Pre-Intermediate|14. Describing a town (city)
- 15. GE|Adults|Pre-Intermediate|15. Are you a healthy person?
- 16. GE|Adults|Pre-Intermediate|16. Pessimist vs Optimist. Choose your side
- 17. GE|Adults|Pre-Intermediate|17. Speak low, if you speak 'Love'
- 18. GE|Adults|Pre-Intermediate|18. Every great dream begins with a dreamer
- 19. GE|Adults|Pre-Intermediate|19. I told her: my house is your house. So she sold it
- 20. GE|Adults|Pre-Intermediate|20. To do what you like is freedom...
- 21. GE|Adults|Pre-Intermediate|21. You don't have to be great to start...
- 22. GE|Adults|Pre-Intermediate|Practical English 1: Check into the hotel
- 23. GE|Adults|Pre-Intermediate|Practical English 2: Going to a restaurant
- 24. GE|Adults|Pre-Intermediate|Practical English 3: In the shopping centre
- 25. GE|Adults|Pre-Intermediate|Practical English 4: At the pharmacy
- 26. GE|Adults|Pre-Intermediate|Revise and Check 1-4
- 27. GE|Adults|Pre-Intermediate|Revise and Check 5-8
- 28. GE|Adults|Pre-Intermediate|Revise and Check 9-13