GE|Adults|Pre-Intermediate|18. Every great dream begins with a dreamer
1.1 Answer the questions.
1. Did you have a dream last night?
2. What was it?
3. Do you know the meaning of your dream?
4. What is the most incredible dream that you’ve ever had?
Reading and Listening
1.1 Do you believe that dreams can tell us our future? Do you believe in dreams?
! Interesting fact
Prophetic — saying correctly what will happen in the future.
1.2 Listen to the dialogue between a psychoanalyst and a patient. Number the pictures 1-6 in the correct order.
1.3 Fill in the gaps according to the previous dialogue.
1.4 Try to guess what the patient’s dream means? Match things from his dream with interpretations.
1.5 Listen to the Doctor’s interpretation of the patient’s dreams. Check yourself.
1.6 Now, Dr. Coul is going to explain what the last part of his dream means. What do you think it can be? Listen and find out.
Review of tenses: present, past and future
1.1 Complete the questions with auxiliary verbs.
1.2 Put the verb in the right form.
1.3 Complete the sentences with the correct form of the verbs in brackets.
1.4 Look at the sentences and decide which time do they refer to?
Most adjectives are usually followed by prepositions, so it is useful to learn the prepositions with the adjectives.
e.g. Are you afraid of cows?
1.1 Choose the right preposition from the table.
! Interesting fact
legacy — money or property that you receive from someone after they die
1.1 Now, let’s play the game. You’ll see the pictures with someone’s dreams. Describe these pictures and try to guess what they mean.
! Interesting fact
Diphthong ow can be pronounced in two different ways: [aʊ] e.g. now & [oʊ] e.g. snow.
1.1 Listen and repeat.
|aʊ| The cow with the bow.
|oʊ| Look at the window! It’s snowing!
The cow with the bow.
1.2 Write the words from the list in the right column.
1.3 Listen and check.
Diphthong ow can sound like…
1.4 Practise saying the sentences.
1. Yellow crow not a fellow of the marrow.
2. Slow snow doesn’t know that he won’t grow.
3. Narrow town became my sorrow and I throw it away.
4. How will you go down the stairs?
1.1 Write the correct form of the verbs.
1.2 Use the highlighted words in appropriate forms.
1.3 Choose the right preposition.
- Reading and Listening
- 1. GE|Adults|Pre-Intermediate|1. Where are you from?
- 2. GE|Adults|Pre-Intermediate|2. Describing people
- 3. GE|Adults| Pre-Intermediate|3. Things you wear. Prepositions of place. Clothes
- 4. GE|Adults|Pre-Intermediate|4. How did you spend your holidays?
- 5. GE|Adults|Pre-Intermediate|5. Historical events
- 6. GE|Adults|Pre-Intermediate|6. How to tell a good story?
- 7. GE|Adults|Pre-Intermediate|7. What are you going to do?
- 8. GE|Adults|Pre-Intermediate|8. Old friends
- 9. GE|Adults|Pre-Intermediate|9. Can you explain it in English? Words-helpers
- 10. GE|Adults|Pre-Intermediate|10. Annoying habits
- 11. GE|Adults|Pre-Intermediate|11. Going shopping
- 12. GE|Adults|Pre-Intermediate|12. Good weekend vs bad weekend. At the weekend
- 13. GE|Adults|Pre-Intermediate|13. Life in metropolises
- 14. GE|Adults|Pre-Intermediate|14. Describing a town (city)
- 15. GE|Adults|Pre-Intermediate|15. Are you a healthy person?
- 16. GE|Adults|Pre-Intermediate|16. Pessimist vs Optimist. Choose your side
- 17. GE|Adults|Pre-Intermediate|17. Speak low, if you speak 'Love'
- 18. GE|Adults|Pre-Intermediate|18. Every great dream begins with a dreamer
- 19. GE|Adults|Pre-Intermediate|19. I told her: my house is your house. So she sold it
- 20. GE|Adults|Pre-Intermediate|20. To do what you like is freedom...
- 21. GE|Adults|Pre-Intermediate|21. You don't have to be great to start...
- 22. GE|Adults|Pre-Intermediate|Practical English 1: Check into the hotel
- 23. GE|Adults|Pre-Intermediate|Practical English 2: Going to a restaurant
- 24. GE|Adults|Pre-Intermediate|Practical English 3: In the shopping centre
- 25. GE|Adults|Pre-Intermediate|Practical English 4: At the pharmacy
- 26. GE|Adults|Pre-Intermediate|Revise and Check 1-4
- 27. GE|Adults|Pre-Intermediate|Revise and Check 5-8
- 28. GE|Adults|Pre-Intermediate|Revise and Check 9-13