GE|Adults|Elementary|Practical English 1: Travelling by plane
1.1 Answer the questions
– Do you like travelling?
– How often do you travel abroad?
1.2 Match the words and pictures
- Can you …? = Please, do it
- Can you sign here?
- Can you spell that?
- Can I have…? = Please, give me your [passport, etc.]
- Can I have your passport, please?
- Can I have my key, please?
1.1 Complete the questions using ‘Can you…?’, ‘Can I…?’ or ‘Can I have…?’.
1.2 Listen and check
Pronunciation of the words
2.1 Complete the conversation with the phrases.
1.1 Listen to Susan checking into a hotel room. Answer the questions.
1.2 Listen again. Complete the phrases.
2.1 Listen to Bob. Mark the sentences true or false.
1.1 Choose the correct contraction form of the verb ‘to be’.
1.2 Put the words into the correct order to make questions with ‘to be’ forms.
1.1 Read the information below. Try to choose the hotels for these people.
- The White family wants to visit London.
- Julia and Simon plan to relax at the weekend.
- Mr. Andrew has a three-day meeting with the clients from other Asian agencies.
Hayes UB3 5BP
⦁ 350 double rooms
⦁ Conference centre
⦁ Restaurants and bar
⦁ Wi-fi connection
⦁ 2 km from Heathrow Airport
Hertfordshire WD3 4TG
⦁ 26 suites, 201 luxury rooms
⦁ Room service
⦁ Golf course
⦁ 29 km from Central London
20 Denbigh Road Ealing
London W13 8QB
⦁ 2 triple rooms, 2 double rooms, and 1 single room
⦁ Free parking
⦁ Wi-fi connection
⦁ Close to central London
1.1 Read the information. Listen and repeat it. Practise offering drinks and responding.
Would you like…?
2.1 Read and listen to the Social English phrases.
⦁ I’m here on business.
⦁ I’m from Dublin. What about you?
⦁ No problem.
⦁ Is that you, my friend?
⦁ This is Chris, Walker.
⦁ That’s perfect.
⦁ It’s time for bed.
⦁ It’s a high time!
I’m here on business.
2.2 Role-play the dialogue with your teacher using the Social English phrases.
3.1 Role-play the situations.
- Checking into a hotel.
- Ask somebody to do something or to give you something.
- Offer somebody a drink, and accept or refuse.
1.1 Write a dialogue. You and your friend are checking into the hotel. You want to live in different rooms. Use the examples from the previous sections.
Homework / Домашнее задание
1.1 Look at the pictures and write the words.
*Посмотри на изображения и напиши слова.
2.1 Read and complete the dialogue.
*Прочитай и составь диалог.
3.1 Dictation. Listen to the audio. Then listen to each sentence separately and write them in the boxes below. If you hear a contracted form (e.g. didn’t), write it.
*Диктант. Послушай аудиозапись. Затем послушай каждое предложение отдельно, и напиши все предложения в пробелах ниже. Если слышишь сокращённую форму (например, didn’t), также запиши её.
- GE|Adults|Elementary|1. Let's meet again!
- GE|Adults|Elementary|2. To be, countries
- GE|Adults|Elementary|3. Can you repeat that, please?
- GE|Adults|Elementary|4. Daily routines
- GE|Adults|Elementary|5. Can you describe it?
- GE|Adults|Elementary|6. Feelings and emotions. How do you feel?
- GE|Adults|Elementary|7. I usually do?
- GE|Adults|Elementary|8. Occupations
- GE|Adults|Elementary|9. Asking questions. Dating
- GE|Adults|Elementary|10. Family
- GE|Adults|Elementary|11. Daily activities
- GE|Adults|Elementary|12. Adverbs and expressions of frequency
- GE|Adults|Elementary|13. Can you sing?
- GE|Adults|Elementary|14. Stop making that noise!
- GE|Adults|Elementary|15. What's the weather like today?
- GE|Adults|Elementary|16. Let's read in English
- GE|Adults|Elementary|17. Pastimes we love
- GE|Adults|Elementary|18. Can music change our lives?
- GE|Adults|Elementary|19. A mistake!
- GE|Adults|Elementary|20. People who made a different
- GE|Adults|Elementary|21. A day to remember
- GE|Adults|Elementary|22. The case of a room murder
- GE|Adults|Elementary|23. A house with a secret
- GE|Adults|Elementary|24. Haunted houses
- GE|Adults|Elementary|25. Diets and your favourite food
- GE|Adults|Elementary|26. How much healthy food do you eat?
- GE|Adults|Elementary|27. The magic luck of numbers
- GE|Adults|Elementary|Practical English 1: Travelling by plane
- GE|Adults|Elementary|Practical English 2: Going to the café
- GE|Adults|Elementary|Practical English 3: Buying clothes
- GE|Adults|Elementary|Practical English 4: How can I get to the theatre?
- GE|Adults|Elementary|Practical English 5: Enjoy your meal!
- GE|Adults|Elementary|Revise and Check 1-6
- GE|Adults|Elementary|Revise and Check 7-12
- GE|Adults|Elementary|Revise and Check 13-18
- GE|Adults|Elementary|Revise and Check 19-24