GE|Adults|Beginner|11. What do you do?
1.1 Remember the names of professions you know. Do you know the name of these jobs? Match the picture with the word.
1.1 Look at the photo. Who do you think the boss is?
1.2 Listen to the conversation to check your ideas.
Who is that man?
1.3 Listen and read the conversation. Check your answers. Try to roleplay it with your teacher.
1.4 Mark T (true) or F (false) sentences.
2.1 Complete the sentences from the conversation.
2.2 Read the rule.
Время Present Simple (настоящее простое) используется для описания повседневных и повторяющихся действий. В этом уроке мы рассмотрим образование утвердительных (+), отрицательных (-), вопросительных (?) предложений в Present Simple для местоимений 3 лица единственного числа: he, she, it.
Для образования утвердительных предложений в Present Simple для местоимений he, she, it к глаголу-сказуемому добавляется окончание -s.
Образование утвердительных (+) предложений:
He eats fruit for lunch.
She likes chocolate.
This fish lives in the Black Sea.
Have – has
I have tea for breakfast. – He has tea for breakfast.
Do — does
They do their morning exercises every day. – My mother does her morning exercises every day.
Go — goes
We go for a walk every evening. – Mark goes for a walk every evening.
Для образования отрицания в Present Simple для местоимений he, she, it используется вспомогательный глагол does + not (doesn’t) – сокращение, при этом окончание -s глагола опускается.
Образование отрицательных (-) предложений:
He does not have tea for lunch. = He doesn’t have tea for lunch.
She does not like chocolate. = She doesn’t like chocolate.
This fish does not live in the Black Sea. = This fish doesn’t live in the Black Sea.
Для образования вопросительных предложений (?) в Present Simple для местоимений he, she, it используется вспомогательный глагол does, который выносится перед подлежащим, при этом окончание -s глагола опускается.
Образование вопросительных (?) предложений:
Does he have tea for lunch?
Does she like chocolate?
Does this fish live in the Black Sea?
3.1 Write down the words in the correct form.
She (play) tennis with her friend on Mondays. – She plays tennis with her friend on Mondays.
Mia ( have) soup for dinner? – Does Mia have soup for dinner?
3.2 Using the verbs in bold write what people do (+) and what they don’t (-) do.
People in America have a very big breakfast.
I don’t have dinner with my family every day, we do it on Fridays.
3.3 Ask questions using the example.
Example: Molly’s grandfather drives slowly. (your mother) – Does your mother drive slowly, too?
1. Flora plays the piano every evening. (Mary)
2. Peter goes for a walk with his dog every day. (Kate and Den)
3. John likes the discovery channel. (Ann)
4. Lucy plays video games in the morning. (the children)
1.1 Read the rule.
Third person -s in Present Simple.
1. Most verbs take -s: I put – he puts, I clean – she cleans, we play – it plays.
2. Verbs ending in -ch, -sh, -ss, -x, -o take -es: catches, finishes, kisses, mixes, goes.
3. Verbs ending in consonant + у, drop the –у and take –ies: I try— he tries, we study – she studies.
[s] when the verb ends in [p], [t], [f], [k] sound: speaks, beats, laughs, stops.
[ιz], when the verb ends in [s], [ʃ], [tʃ], [ʤ], [z] sound: misses, washes, watches, changes, closes.
[z], when the verb ends in any other sound: plays, reads, runs.
2.1 Tick the correct words in the 3rd person singular according to the rule.
2.2 Listen and repeat the words and sounds.
Puts, likes, sits…
2.3 Listen and repeat the sentences. Pay attention on the ending -s.
Mary likes reading.
1.1 Can you remember what Mr McMillan does? What position does he want to get?
1.2 Listen and repeat the words.
1.3 Choose your favourite job and ask five questions. Answer the questions.
Example: What do you do? – I am a teacher.
2.1 Listen and repeat the phrases.
2.2 Look at the photos. Try to remember the places, match them with the pictures.
2.3 Answer the questions.
1. Where does an accountant work? – An accountant works in an office.
1.1 Guess who these people are. What jobs do people need to speak English in? Read about people’s jobs. What do these people have in common? Look at the words in bold and phrases in the text. What do they mean? Check with a dictionary.
1.2 Read the texts again and listen, check your answers. Do you speak English at work?
Silvia is from Spain…
1.3 Answer the questions.
1. What does Silvia do?
2. Where does she work?
3. Who does Gloria work for?
4. Why does Gloria speak English at work?
5. What does she do in English?
6. What does Harry do?
The word why…? (почему/зачем) is used in questions and we give the answer for the reason by means of because… (потому что).
Example: Why does Gloria speak English? Because she works for an international company.
1.1 Listen and repeat the words and sound [ɜː].
1.2 Mark the words with + or — with the sound [ɜː].
1.3 Listen and practise the sentences. Copy the rhythm.
1.1 Think of two relatives who have jobs. Ask and answer the questions.
– Person number one is my mother.
– What does she do?
– She is a waitress.
1. Whathe (she) do?
2. Where he (she) work?
3. Does he (she) speak English at work?
4. Does he (she) like his (her) job? Why?
1.1 Write two paragraphs about the two relatives who have jobs.
Example: My father is a doctor. He works in a hospital in Moscow. He doesn’t speak English at work. He loves his job because he likes to help people.
Homework / Домашнее задание
1.1 Write in the flashcards appropriate words from the box. / Напиши в карточках подходящие слова из вложения.
a journalist / a factory worker / a waiter / an accountant / a teacher / a taxi driver / a policeman / a receptionist / a shop assistant / a doctor
1.2 Speak words and phrases in English. Then check yourself. / Проговори слова и фразы на английском языке. Затем проверь себя.
*The task is available only in Chrome browser. Use the microphone to do this. / Задание доступно только в браузере Chrome. Используй микрофон, чтобы его выполнить.
2.1 Listen to the word pairs. Mark the word with [ɜː] from each pair. / Послушай пары слов. Отметь слова со звуком
[ɜː] в каждой паре.
2.2 Tick the words with the same sound. / Отметь слова с одинаковым звуком.
3.1 Ask questions in present simple. / Ответь на вопросы в форме present simple.
Example: the shop assistantcome to the shopat 6 o’clock?
Does the shop assistant come to the shop at 6 o’clock?
3.2 Write the answers to the questions about your friend. / Напиши ответы на вопросы о своем друге.
Example: My friend is Olga. She is an accountant and she works in an office. She doesn’t speak English at work. She likes her job because she likes counting and her colleagues.
4.1 Click on the icon below and learn new words with Quizlet app. / Кликни по иконке ниже и учи новые слова в мобильном приложении Quizlet.
- GE|Adults|Beginner|1. Nice to meet you!
- GE|Adults|Beginner|2. Where are you from?
- GE|Adults|Beginner|English Practice 1: Can you spell it?
- GE|Adults|Beginner|3. We're Americans
- GE|Adults|Beginner|4. What's your phone number?
- GE|Adults|Beginner|Revise and Check 1-4
- GE|Adults|Beginner|5. What's in your bag?
- GE|Adults|Beginner|6. Souvenirs and prices
- GE|Adults|Beginner|English Practice 2: How much is it?
- GE|Adults|Beginner|7. People and family
- GE|Adults|Beginner|8. Common adjectives
- GE|Adults|Beginner|Revise and Check 5-8
- GE|Adults|Beginner|9. What do you have for breakfast?
- GE|Adults|Beginner|10. A long flight
- GE|Adults|Beginner|English Practice 3: What's the time?
- GE|Adults|Beginner|11. What do you do?
- GE|Adults|Beginner|12. My typical day
- GE|Adults|Beginner|Revise and Check 9-12
- GE|Adults|Beginner|13. Free time in our life
- GE|Adults|Beginner|14. Cinema
- GE|Adults|Beginner|English Practice 4: How can I get there?
- GE|Adults|Beginner|15. I can do it!
- GE|Adults|Beginner|16. Do you like cycling?
- GE|Adults|Beginner|Revise and Check 13-16
- GE|Adults|Beginner|17. What am I doing?
- GE|Adults|Beginner|18. The Secret Mission
- GE|Adults|Beginner|English Practice 5: Would you like a cup of coffee?
- GE|Adults|Beginner|19. In a hotel
- GE|Adults|Beginner|20. Famous people
- GE|Adults|Beginner|English Practice 6: Where am I?
- GE|Adults|Beginner|21. It was my dream
- GE|Adults|Beginner|22. One day
- GE|Adults|Beginner|23. I Rode A Camel!
- GE|Adults|Beginner|24. I'm going to Vatican
- GE|Adults|Beginner|Revise and Check 17-24