Welcome| Junior lessons | 4. Young inventors (Pre-Intermediate)
An invention or a fake?
1.1 Watch the commercial and guess if the device is real or fake.
I want to take part in it!
1.1 Read the message from Ann and the advertisement and answer the questions.
My name is Ann Makosinski, and I’m from Canada.
I like science.
I have been creating new gadgets since the age of 6.
I have even won the awards for some of them!
As you have probably guessed, I want to become a scientist in the future.
Recently, I have found out some information about a scientific event I would like to take part in …
- What are Ann’s main interests?
- Has she already achieved anything?
- What is her ambition?
- Who is the TeenTech Festival for?
- Are there any similar festivals in your country?
- Would you like to take part in the festival? Why/why not?
Are you an innovator? Do you have an idea which could make life easier, simpler or better? 🔗The TeenTech Festival is for the studentsfrom 14 to 20 from different countries.
There will be a prize to the winner and the opportunity to take any course at the TeenTech City — one of the top European schools of innovation and technologies.
1.1 Watch the video about TeenTech and match the parts of the sentences to each other.
2.1 Choose a course to recommend Ann. Think which course you would choose for yourself.
If I become the winner at the science festival, I will be able to study one of the courses at the TeenTech City. Which do you think I should choose?
I think she/I should try … because …It’s a good idea to …The course of … won’t be useful for Ann/me because …
- Why are these fields important for future specialists?
- Which subjects do you think should be necessary to study for all schoolchildren?
The ideas from Japan
1.1 Read Ann’s message and do the task she offers.
For inspiration, I turned to the inventions from Japan and asked my friends who like science to send me the presentations of the latest inventions.
Let’s play. Have a look at the presentation and:
- guess what the invention is used for;
- tick the criteria you think it fits.
2.1 Watch the video, make your guess about the invention and tick the criteria.
- Which of the inventions did you like the most? Why?
Which is described?
1.1 Read the description and choose the invention which is described.
- How many of your guesses were correct?
- Which device do you think is the most/the least useful?
3.1 Choose the best present for a person and tell the person about the present.
1.1 Read the rules and get ready to invent something.
1. Choose the field.
I would like to invent something in the field Share.
2. Choose the age category.
The device can be used by …
3. Choose the main aim.
The main aim of the invention is …
2.1 Imagine the design of your invention and explain how it works.
- The device is called _____.
- It is made of _____.
- It can be used for _____.
- It is created for _____.
- It works with the help of _____.
Check that your invention fits all the criteria.
I really liked your invention! Check out what I am going to present at the TeenTech Festival.
I hope you’ll like my device, too!
1.1 Watch the video and choose the correct options.
1.2 Tick the criteria Ann’s invention fits.
Quiz: An ideal robot for you
1.1 Read the instructions.
1. Click on the link in the task 1.2 and do the quiz.
Перейди по ссылке во втором задании и выполни тест.
2. Click on the result and copy the text (ctrl+C).
Выдели и скопируй текст результата (ctrl+C).
3. Click on a «plus» button above the text.
Нажми на «плюс» над результатом.
4. Choose the option «Share Vk».
Выбери опцию «Поделиться Vk».
5. Paste (ctrl+V) the text of your result in the comment section.
Вставь текст своего результата в комментарий.
1.2 Quiz: An ideal robot for me.
What I can do
1.1 Match the parts to make the interview questions.
1.2 Tick the things you can do.
- An invention or a fake?
- I want to take part in it!
- About Teentech
- The ideas from Japan
- Which is described?
- Your idea!
- Ann’s invention
- Quiz: An ideal robot for you
- What I can do
- Demo | Junior lessons|Hogwarts mystery|Pre-Intermediate
- Kids <8|Christmas time (Pre-Intermediate)
- Kids <8|Harry Potter Year 1 (Elementary)
- Kids <8|Lesson|How the Grinch Stole Christmas (Elementary)
- KIDS <8|STARTER|DOC MCSTUFFINS|LESSON 1
- Kids <8|Special Birthday (Primary)
- Kids <8|Welcome to Santa! (Elementary)
- Kids <8|No more stress! (Beginner)
- Welcome| Junior lessons | 1. What music says about me (Intermediate&Upper-Intermediate)
- Welcome| Junior lessons | 2. My ideal menu (Pre-Intermediate)
- Welcome| Junior lessons | 3. Let's make a cartoon (Pre-Intermediate)
- Welcome| Junior lessons | 4. Young inventors (Pre-Intermediate)
- Adult|Welcome|Hotel problems|Pre-Intermediate
- Adult|Welcome|North Korean resort|Pre-Intermediate
- Adult|Welcome|SpaceX rocket launch|Pre-Intermediate
- Aloha Lessons|Rescue Jack Sparrow!|Pre-Intermediate
- Adult|Welcome|Start-up success stories|Intermediate
- Adult|Welcome|Small talk|Intermediate
- Adult|Welcome|Banksy shakes up the art world|Intermediate
- Adult|Welcome|Procrastination advice from Japan|Intermediate
- Aloha Lessons|Stephen Hawking|Upper-Intermediate
- Adult|Welcome|Avengers: Endgame|Upper-Intermediate
- Adult|Welcome|Who wants to be a millionaire: Slang|Upper-Intermediate
- Adult|Welcome|Procrastination advice from Japan|Advanced
- Adult|Welcome|SpaceX rocket launch|Advanced