Demo| Junior lessons | 1. Music and me (Pre-Intermediate)
1.1 Watch the video and discuss the questions.
- Have you ever been in a similar situation?
- What kind of music do you like?
- Are your music tastes similar to your friends’ ones? What do you think about the music they like?
- What styles of music are popular in your country?
Sam and his friends
1.1 Read the situation and make your guesses about the music the young people like.
Hey there! I’m Sam. I’m 16 years old and I live in Buenos Aires. I’m interested in discovering the world, I like travelling and learning about other cultures. Last year, I went to an international summer camp where I met new friends. Here they are:
This year, they are all coming to the camp to Buenos Aires and I want to throw a welcome party for them at my house. I’m really worried! I want all of them to like the party, but their music tastes are so different! I like listening to jazz, but they don’t. What music should I pick to make an ideal playlist?
1.2 What styles of music do you think the young people like?
1.3 What music do you think is popular in their countries?
- The UK
- The USA
Music in my country
1.1 Read the messages and choose the person who wrote them.
I’m crazy about it!
What about you?
1.1 Divide the expressions into the correct categories.
2.1 Complete the sentences about yourself.
- I’m interested in …
- A lot of my friends are mad about … , but I … .
- I really enjoy … .
- I spend a lot of time … .
- I think … is boring.
- I can’t stand … .
- When I hear my favourite song …
3.1 Watch the video and have 15 seconds of fun.
The music quiz
1.1 Read the instructions.
1.2 Quiz: What music says about me.
Sam’s friends’ results
1.1 Match the people with the description and the music they asked Sam to play.
1.2 Tick the tracks you would recommend Sam to include in the playlist.
I think Sam should not play a lot of jazz songs because his friends are not fond of jazz.
A song for the party
1.1 Listen to the song and choose the correct words to complete it.
- Would you include it in your playlist? Why/why not?
What I can do
1.1 Match the parts to make the questions.
1.2 Tick the things you can do.
Next time I will
2.1 Watch the video and guess what you will do in the next lesson.
- Sam and his friends
- Music in my country
- I'm crazy about it!
- What about you?
- The music quiz
- Sam's friends' results
- A song for the party
- What I can do
- Demo | Preschool & Primary 25 min
- Demo | Junior 25 min | Beginner
- Welcome | The best pet (10-12)|Elementary
- Introductory lessons|Modern arts or video games|Elementary
- Introductory lessons|Who am I?|Proficiency
- Demo | Junior lessons | I love music! (Beginner & Elementary)
- Demo| Junior lessons | 1. Music and me (Pre-Intermediate)
- Demo | Junior lessons| 2. Food (Beginner & Elementary)
- Demo | Junior lessons | 3. Cartoon factory (Beginner & Elementary)
- Demo | Junior lessons | 4. Future technology (Beginner & Elementary)
- Demo| Junior lessons | The best menu in the world (Intermediate&Upper-Intermediate)