Look at the pictures and name the countries where the souvenirs come from. You may flip the cards to check yourself
After this lesson, you will be able to:
🔹exchange money in a currency exchange office;
🔹make a conversation with a shop assistant while buying things in a shop;
🔹complete a tax-free form.
Find the correct headings for each paragraph
|1. Carry cash||3. Always make a list of things you want to buy||5. Make sure it is legal!||7. Learn to bargain|
|2. Make sure you have space in your suitcase||4. Know your size||6. Pay in the local currency|
💡Write the number of the heading in the right paragraph
Match the names of the shops with the correct pictures. Then comment on what you can buy there
Listen to the conversations and match the dialogues with the currencies mentioned in them
Match the questions and the answers
Listen to the dialogue and tick the phrases you hear
Complete the tips with the missing words. Be careful as there are some extra options you don’t need to use
Tips and guidelines for shopping tax-free in Spain
Follow the 🔗link to find out more about the procedure of claiming your tax refund and filling in the tax-free form.
Let’s role-play these situations
In an exchange office
💡THESE PHRASES WILL HELP YOU
🔹Can I change … into euros, please?
🔹What’s the exchange rate?
🔹Do you have any smaller notes?
🔹Is there a commission?
In a shop
You would like to buy souvenirs for your family.
🔹First, choose 3-4 things in the pictures below.
🔹Then, decide how many of each item you would like to buy and start a conversation with the shop assistant.
🔹You’d like to pay by card.
🔹You have cash but only a 100-euro note.
🔹You want to use tax free.
You can start by saying:
«Hello, I’d like to buy …»
💡THESE PHRASES WILL HELP YOU
🔹Where can I try it on?
🔹Do you have anything smaller?
🔹I’ll take it.
🔹How much is that?
🔹Do you take Visa?
🔹And what about tax free?
Match the names of the shops and places with their definitions
Complete the sentences with the names of the shops
Complete the conversation
Read about Spanish souvenirs and mark the sentences as True or False
- Traditional souvenirs
- Our lesson route
- Shopping tips
- At the currency exchange
- In a clothes shop
- Let's practise!
- Places to shop
- Useful phrases
- Spanish souvenirs
- Demo | Junior lessons|Hogwarts mystery|Pre-Intermediate
- Kids <8|Christmas time (Pre-Intermediate)
- Kids <8|Harry Potter Year 1 (Elementary)
- Kids <8|Lesson|How the Grinch Stole Christmas (Elementary)
- KIDS <8|STARTER|DOC MCSTUFFINS|LESSON 1
- Kids <8|Special Birthday (Primary)
- Kids <8|Welcome to Santa! (Elementary)
- Kids <8|No more stress! (Beginner)
- Welcome| Junior lessons | 1. What music says about me (Intermediate&Upper-Intermediate)
- Welcome| Junior lessons | 2. My ideal menu (Pre-Intermediate)
- Welcome| Junior lessons | 3. Let's make a cartoon (Pre-Intermediate)
- Welcome| Junior lessons | 4. Young inventors (Pre-Intermediate)
- Adult|Welcome|Hotel problems|Pre-Intermediate
- Adult|Welcome|North Korean resort|Pre-Intermediate
- Adult|Welcome|SpaceX rocket launch|Pre-Intermediate
- Aloha Lessons|Rescue Jack Sparrow!|Pre-Intermediate
- Adult|Welcome|Start-up success stories|Intermediate
- Adult|Welcome|Small talk|Intermediate
- Adult|Welcome|Banksy shakes up the art world|Intermediate
- Adult|Welcome|Procrastination advice from Japan|Intermediate
- Aloha Lessons|Stephen Hawking|Upper-Intermediate
- Adult|Welcome|Avengers: Endgame|Upper-Intermediate
- Adult|Welcome|Who wants to be a millionaire: Slang|Upper-Intermediate
- Adult|Welcome|Procrastination advice from Japan|Advanced
- Adult|Welcome|SpaceX rocket launch|Advanced