Adults|Grammar|Elementary|37. I don’t…
Read the rules
The present simple negative is don’t/doesn’t + verb:
1. She doesn’t drink coffee.
2. He doesn’t like his job.
Read the rule
Positive and negative
I/we/you/they don’t… I don’t like football.
he/she/it doesn’t… He doesn’t like football.
Read the examples
We use don’t/doesn’t + infinitive (don’t like / doesn’t speak / doesn’t do etc.):
1. I don’t like washing the car. I don’t do it very often.
2. Sarah speaks Spanish, but she doesn’t speak Italian. (not doesn’t speaks)
3. Bill doesn’t do his job very well. (not Bill doesn’t his job)
4. Paula doesn’t usually have breakfast. (not doesn’t … has)
Write the negative
(I play the piano very well.)
I don’t play the piano very well.
Study the information and write sentences with like or don’t/doesn’t like
Write about yourself. Use:
I never… or I often... or I don’t… very often.
(watch TV) I don’t watch TV very often. or I never watch TV. or I often watch TV.
Complete the sentences. All of them are negative. Use don’t/doesn’t + these verbs:
use, go, know, cost, see, wear
Put the verb into the correct form, positive or negative
If you open the lesson plan you will be able to assign separate pages as homework or all the homework pages at once.
- The rules
- I play the piano very well
- Do you like...?
- I never...
- Positive or negative
- Introductory lessons|Welcome! Your Personal Track
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|1. Present Tense. To be. Positive
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|2. Present. To be. Negative
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|3. Present Tense. To be. Questions
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|4. Possessive Determiners
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|5. Articles
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|6. Present Simple. All Verbs. Positive
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|7. Present Simple. All Verbs. Negative
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|8. Present Simple. Questions
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|9. Possessive's
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|10. Telling the time
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|11. Adverbs of frequency
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|12. Can/can't
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|13. Like doing
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|14. Object pronouns
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|15. Possessive pronouns
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|16. Past Simple (To be)
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|17. Past Simple: regular verbs
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|18. Past Simple: irregular verbs
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|19. There is/There are
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|20. There was/There were
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|21. Present Continuous
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|22. Present Simple, Present Continuous
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary| 23. Countable / uncountable nouns
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|24. Quantifiers
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|25. Be going to (plans)
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|26. Be going to (predictions)
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|27. Comparative Adjectives
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|28. Superlative Adjectives
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|29. Adverbs
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|30. Present Perfect
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|31. Irregular Verbs
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|32. Prepositions
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|33. Am/is/are — questions
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|34. I am doing
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|35. Are you doing?
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|36. I do/work/like etc.
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|37. I don't...
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|38. Do you...
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|39. Am/is/are
- Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|1. First Conditional
- Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|2. Second Conditional
- Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|3. First & Second Conditional
- Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|7. Pr Perfect vs Past Simple
- Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|8. Used to or Didn't use to
- Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|9. To be + Past participle
- Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|10. Defining Relative Clauses
- Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|11. Past Simple
- Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|12. Past Continuous
- Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|13. Questions and Auxiliaries
- Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|14. Conjunctions
- Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|15. Going to