Adults|Grammar|Elementary|30. Present Perfect
Present Perfect (ever/never)
Talk about your past experiences with this tense
1: Have you ever been to Tibet?
2: No, I haven’t. Have you?
1: No, but my son travelled to Tibet 3 years ago.
2: Wow, did he enjoy the trip?
1: Yes, a lot.
|+||has + V3/Ved||have + V3/Ved|
|—||has not/hasn’t + V3/Ved||have not/haven’t+ V3/Ved|
|?||Has + Subject + V3/Ved?||Have + Subject + V3/Ved?|
— V3 = column 3 of the irregular verb list (go — went — gone (V3)
— Add -ED if the verb is regular (listen — listened)
Present Perfect is used:
|with never / ever||Have you ever been to Tibet?
We have never met our grandfather.
|to talk about past experiences when the time is unknown or unnecessary||Have you seen this film?|
|to start a conversation, but then change to Past Simple to talk about details||— Have you ever gone diving? (a general question)
— Yes, I have.
— When did you do it? Where? Did you like it? (details)
|have been to||have gone to|
|He has been to South Korea. = He went to South Korea and came back.
He has been to (NOT
|He has gone to South Korea. = He’s in South Korea now.|
|V1 (Present)||V2 (Past)||V3 (Perfect)|
|✔️ He has never eaten pizza!
✔️ I was in London last year.
Fill in the gaps with the correct verbs
Complete the sentences by using Present Perfect
Complete the sentences with the correct form of the verbs. Then choose if the verb is regular or irregular
Make the negative sentences
Order the words to make questions
If you open the lesson plan you will be able to assign separate pages as homework or all the homework pages at once.
- Theory: Present Perfect
- Fill in the gaps
- Complete the sentences
- Make the negative sentences
- Order the words
- Introductory lessons|Welcome! Your Personal Track
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|1. Present Tense. To be. Positive
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|2. Present. To be. Negative
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|3. Present Tense. To be. Questions
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|4. Possessive Determiners
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|5. Articles
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|6. Present Simple. All Verbs. Positive
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|7. Present Simple. All Verbs. Negative
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|8. Present Simple. Questions
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|9. Possessive's
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|10. Telling the time
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|11. Adverbs of frequency
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|12. Can/can't
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|13. Like doing
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|14. Object pronouns
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|15. Possessive pronouns
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|16. Past Simple (To be)
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|17. Past Simple: regular verbs
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|18. Past Simple: irregular verbs
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|19. There is/There are
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|20. There was/There were
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|21. Present Continuous
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|22. Present Simple, Present Continuous
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary| 23. Countable / uncountable nouns
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|24. Quantifiers
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|25. Be going to (plans)
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|26. Be going to (predictions)
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|27. Comparative Adjectives
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|28. Superlative Adjectives
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|29. Adverbs
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|30. Present Perfect
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|31. Irregular Verbs
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|32. Prepositions
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|33. Am/is/are — questions
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|34. I am doing
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|35. Are you doing?
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|36. I do/work/like etc.
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|37. I don't...
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|38. Do you...
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|39. Am/is/are
- Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|1. First Conditional
- Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|2. Second Conditional
- Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|3. First & Second Conditional
- Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|7. Pr Perfect vs Past Simple
- Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|8. Used to or Didn't use to
- Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|9. To be + Past participle
- Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|10. Defining Relative Clauses
- Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|11. Past Simple
- Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|12. Past Continuous
- Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|13. Questions and Auxiliaries
- Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|14. Conjunctions
- Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|15. Going to