Adults|Grammar|Elementary|21. Present Continuous
What are you doing right now? Are you learning English?
✔️ The man is cooking a meal. He is wearing glasses. The other man is looking at his phone. He isn’t cooking; he is reading a message.
Spelling rules for «-ing» forms:
- most verbs take -ing
- verbs ending in -e → -e + -ing
- verbs ending in -y → no changes
- mind doubled letters: running, putting, swimming, etc.
- To talk about actions happening now.
❖ The visitors are having a meal now.
❖ Are you still reading the book?
❖ I am not working at the moment.
||✔️ I am writing an email now.|
Choose the correct option to complete the sentences
Read and complete the sentences with two missing words. Use Present Continuous
Make negative sentences in Present Continuous using the words. Add am not/isn’t/aren’t
Complete the questions using the verb from the list in the correct form (type one word in each gap)
Type short answers to the questions. Use am, is, are or am not, isn’t, aren’t
If you open the lesson plan you will be able to assign separate pages as homework or all the homework pages at once.
- Theory: Present Continuous
- Choose the correct option
- Complete the sentences
- Make negative sentences
- Complete the questions
- Type short answers
- Introductory lessons|Welcome! Your Personal Track
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|1. Present Tense. To be. Positive
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|2. Present. To be. Negative
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|3. Present Tense. To be. Questions
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|4. Possessive Determiners
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|5. Articles
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|6. Present Simple. All Verbs. Positive
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|7. Present Simple. All Verbs. Negative
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|8. Present Simple. Questions
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|9. Possessive's
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|10. Telling the time
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|11. Adverbs of frequency
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|12. Can/can't
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|13. Like doing
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|14. Object pronouns
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|15. Possessive pronouns
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|16. Past Simple (To be)
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|17. Past Simple: regular verbs
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|18. Past Simple: irregular verbs
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|19. There is/There are
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|20. There was/There were
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|21. Present Continuous
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|22. Present Simple, Present Continuous
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary| 23. Countable / uncountable nouns
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|24. Quantifiers
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|25. Be going to (plans)
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|26. Be going to (predictions)
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|27. Comparative Adjectives
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|28. Superlative Adjectives
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|29. Adverbs
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|30. Present Perfect
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|31. Irregular Verbs
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|32. Prepositions
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|33. Am/is/are — questions
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|34. I am doing
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|35. Are you doing?
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|36. I do/work/like etc.
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|37. I don't...
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|38. Do you...
- Adults|Grammar|Elementary|39. Am/is/are
- Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|1. First Conditional
- Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|2. Second Conditional
- Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|3. First & Second Conditional
- Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|7. Pr Perfect vs Past Simple
- Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|8. Used to or Didn't use to
- Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|9. To be + Past participle
- Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|10. Defining Relative Clauses
- Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|11. Past Simple
- Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|12. Past Continuous
- Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|13. Questions and Auxiliaries
- Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|14. Conjunctions
- Adults|Grammar|Pre-Intermediate|15. Going to